Payroll Service – Tailored to Your Needs
Our payroll bureau service is run in-house and we’ll be pleased to help you whether you have just one employee or a large workforce.
This summary will give you an idea of the range of things we cover:
- Weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly or monthly pay runs, or any other period you specify
- We provide comprehensive new starter forms
- P45s for leavers including calculation of final pay entitlement
- We are totally flexible in the way we can receive your data – via email, or post
- We prepare year end P35 forms and submit on-line
- We prepare P60 certificates and issue to employees at the year end
We will provide timely notification to all clients of legislation changes such as maternity leave, holiday entitlement, national minimum wage and so on.
- We provide comprehensive reports which can be set up to your specific needs
- We can send payslips to you in bulk by mail or secure email, or provide employees with a secure e-payslip, saving printing and postage
- We provide the necessary BACS payment reports for salaries and employers’ tax/NI payments to HMRC
- We deal with the calculation and deduction of employee and employer pension contributions
- We retain statutory documents securely for 6 yearsAll data on our computer systems is backed up overnight. Data is stored at a secure remote data store.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
The Payroll Process
Whether you have just one employee or a large workforce it’s important to know that the payroll process is run efficiently, is fully compliant with all regulations, and is simple to use.
Here’s an overview of our process:
Step 1: Preparation
We will start by discussing your requirements and the process you currently use.
If you are a new employer and not yet registered with HM Revenue & Customs under PAYE we can deal with this for you. We’ll guide you through everything you need to know.
We can also arrange to review contracts of employment and employee handbooks, etc, and make sure that you comply with an employer’s requirements.
Once we have agreed on what you need us to do we’ll provide you with a quotation.
Step 2: Documents
We will send you some simple forms to gather information we need and a schedule of your employees.
Step 3: The Pay Run
If your employees are on fixed salaries or wages we will simply ask you to confirm whether there have been any changes for that month before each pay run.
If there are usually variations each month or week, then we’ll ask you to return the schedule to us before each pay run with the details for each employee. This could be hours worked, overtime, change of salary, deductions, sickness etc.
We’ll process the payroll and then send you the BACS or cheque payment listing and copy payslips, together with the reports.
We can mail payslips direct to your employees, or mail them to you for distribution.
Finally, the data is then backed up ready to process the next pay period
Step 4: Ongoing
As your Agent, we will receive notification direct from HM Revenue & Customs advising any changes affecting employees. This could be change of tax code, start of student loan deductions, notification of national insurance numbers, attachment of earnings and much more. Employee records are then updated accordingly.
We are also notified of any impending legislation changes so that we can keep you up to date.